Watch this episode in video:
In the episode of Connecting Minds we have James W. Jesso, author, public speaker, and host of the Adventures Through the Mind podcast. James has deep respect for psychedelic medicines and his work is inspired by his healing path through depression, substance abuse, and trauma, and focuses on translating the profound insights of the psychedelic experience into a higher quality of life, for both the individual and society.
Links to James’ website, podcast, books and social media:
Adventures Through the Mind Podcast:
Decomposing The Shadow: Lessons From The Psilocybin Mushroom: https://www.jameswjesso.com/decomposing-the-shadow/
The True Light Of Darkness: https://www.jameswjesso.com/true-light-darkness/
Topics discussed on this episode:
- James’ experience with psychedelics.
- James gives us a crash course in psychedelics, what they are, what they can be used for, and some of the history which led to them coming into the limelight and then being made illegal, and the recent psychedelic Renaissance where ongoing research is showing promise for their use in depression, PTSD, addiction, end-of-life anxiety, and other mental conditions.
- How the medicalisation of psychedelics can lead to their integration into society.
- How psychedelics can help us to deal with our own traumas and wounds.
- The Shadow and the Golden Shadow.
- What is psychedelic integration
- The potential dangers of psychedelics when not used right.