Matt Pallamary (Mateo) is an award winning writer, musician, and sound healer who has been studying shamanism all of his life and incorporates shamanic practices into his daily life as well as into his writing and teaching.
In this episode we talk about Mateo’s exploration of shamanic cultures and their medicines, including Ayahuasca. We also talk about other cool stuff, so tune in as there are many gems of wisdom from Mateo’s decades-long study of shamanism, sound healing, and plant medicines!
Links to Mateo’s books, website, and social media:
Mystic Ink Publishing: https://mysticinkpublishing.com/
Amazon author page: http://t.co/wo9nR2vYsf?amp=1
Topics discussed on this episode:
- Mateo’s background and his explorations with psychoactive and consciousness-expanding substances.
- His experience with Ayahuasca ceremonies and shamanism in Peru. The Dieta and other plants he’s worked with.
- The time between psychedelic experiences is where the real work gets done.
- How working with the medicine (Ayahuasca) can help you get past the mind/head/ego and become more heart-centered. Becoming essence-centered allows you to see you are the creator of you own ego, which is a set of coping strategies designed to help your survive in the world.
- Our primary wound is abandonment.
- Stanislav Grof’s perinatal matrices.
- The two basic fears we have – entrapment and abandonment.
- The difference between LSD and Ayahuasca.
- Why it’s so important to do Ayahuasca with an experienced shaman/facilitator in a ceremony.
- Mateo’s experience with Huachuma (San Pedro) and Peyote.
- How sound can be used for healing. Mateo talks about his work with sound healing as a musician. The importance of energy and intention.
- The plant Dieta and becoming one with the jungle.
- The importance of integrity for facilitators.