Very excited to share with our talk with Dr Piper Gibson, who is a children’s health expert and nutrigenomics specialist. We cover many important topics about kids’ health, as you will see below.
Piper Gibson is Children’s Holistic Health Expert. She is a Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, holds a Doctorate in Advanced Holistic Nutrition and is a Board Certified Doctor of Holistic Nutrition. She is also a Certified Nutrigenomics Specialist, using cutting-edge nutrigenomics to provide advanced nutrition protocols.
Piper specializes in working with families just like hers. Teaching how to conquer their children’s endless list of symptoms using functional lab testing, food, and natural approaches.
Links to Piper’s website and social media:
Topics discussed on this episode:
- Piper’s background and how she got into children’s health.
- The common thread at the root between the childhood conditions and disorders: Stress. Not just mental/emotional physical but environmental (food, toxins, inside the body e.g. pathogens)
- Commonly found with lab testing: gut imbalances, food sensitivities, genetic variations predisposing kids to various issues.
- Piper’s approach to helping her clients.
- The importance of an all-organic diet and using the EWG’s Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen lists.
- Not having noticeable health symptoms NOW does not mean environmental and lifestyle factors are not doing your family damage.
- Following a baseline organic diet and supplement program is a essential for health long term.
- Overview of the value of nutrigenomics (genetics + nutrition).
- The importance of high-quality meat in children’s diets.
- Rob Wolf – Sacred Cow: The Case for (Better) Meat: https://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Cow-Better-Well-Raised-Planet/dp/1948836912
- The dangers of gluten and dairy.
- The Paleo Diet – getting back to the basics.
- Teaching kids to listen to their body can help to get them eating healthy foods.
- Mould’s role in contributing to poor health.
- ERMI testing to check your home for mould: https://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/ermi-testing
- Genes play a small role in children’s health issues. What you eat affects and changes your DNA (epigenetics).
- What’s Making Our Children Sick?: How Industrial Food Is Causing an Epidemic of Chronic Illness, and What Parents (and Doctors) Can Do About It – https://www.amazon.com/Whats-Making-Our-Children-Sick/dp/1603587578